Wednesday 1 December 2010

CU Next Tuesday

Was the last words we said when we left Chris’s boat trip last Friday. It was such a great trip we decided to do the Tuesday one before we fly home again and we even managed to talk Jack into coming with us this time. We even tried to talk Jan and Santiago into having a day off and coming with us but it was their son’s Birthday so they had to go into Old Goa for a special sermon. We had intended to go out that evening but Santiago talked us into joining them for an evening at theirs. We had another great day out spotting lots of dolphins very close to the boat but I gave up trying to take pictures of them years ago; they have already gone by the time the camera shutter opens. Sorry that the pictures are all very much the same but it’s so relaxing and pretty; especially when they get the beers out. It wasn’t quite the party atmosphere of last Friday but still we had a great day. Every trip you go on has a different crowd and is therefore different to all the other trips. This time I spotted 3 or 4 Kingfisher birds but you need a camera with a good zoom to get a decent picture of them; I wish now that I had brought my good camera; especially as my new one broke.

On the way into Cavelossim we spotted a load of school kids sitting outside with what looked like an assembly; all very well behaved. We also stopped at our favourite breakfast place Dinhars in Benaulim as we can’t resist it when pass by. We really must try them for lunch as we have only ever had breakfast there but I guess that will have to wait now until next time we come. Although the boat trip is wonderful, I think we give the edge to Betty’s for the food though; it’s similar but it suits us a little better. The real benefit comes because they have entertainment and the boat is a bit wider. Chris’s boat is 5m wide by about 30m long and of course they have two decks. Jack’s cruise boat came past us which we nearly tried but according to Jack and Hilda it’s the worst one of them all; the boat is dingy and dirty as are the toilets and the food inedible.

We had another drink on the boat before our short walk back to Saajan’s and a quick shower before the beers wear off. I did manage to get a couple of bottles of water in between but Claire carried on with the VAT’s. She still managed to look lovely with a flower in her hair when she came down from her shower; and of course she kept us entertained. She must have bought some of those cat contact eye lenses in looking back at the pictures. Jan and Santiago had intended to join us but lots of their family came along to wish the boy a happy birthday. We had a lovely dinner but Santiago and Jan insisted that they would pay for our food and drinks for the night. Really nice of you, thank you guys. However, we had to take the t-shirts back as they were too small so I need to take them back over before we fly back. I think Claire wants to go for some more beauty treatment on Thursday before we fly home so maybe I can take them over then and say our goodbyes. Not really looking forward to coming home this time especially as the weather has finally turned. The last 4 days have been clear blue skys and 30 degrees plus every day- just like it’s supposed to be at this time of year. I hear that England is not having normal seasonal weather this year; someone said that lots of schools have been closed as well as Manchester airport. We have a long day on Friday, our taxi picks us up at 4am to take us to the airport and we are hoping that we have no delays as we only have one hour overlap before we catch our bus back to MK. I am hoping that I get chance for one last blog entry before we start our journey home; maybe Claire will help me out as I’m blogged out. Mind you I suppose Claire will be back to doing all the blogs once we return and I have that hospital thing on Monday and start my new job on Tuesday so I will do one to let you know how that went. CU Next Tuesday!

4 comments:

Emma said...

Milton Keynes is covered in snow, it snowed on Monday night but we have not had any since.
The children love it as they are going to and from school on their sledge.
Wishing you a safe journey home x

Jim Robb said...

Hi Phil, had a good night out with Chris, Steve and Alfy tonight. We went over to Stony and had an Indian. Just thought I'd let you know I'm off to Vietnam on Saturday and on to Singapore next Wednesday. I'm hoping to see Tom before I return.
So have a good trip back and I'll see you the following week.
Jim

Phil said...

Did we get you in the holiday mood Jim? Have a great trip, maybe we could follow your blog?

Claire said...

Hi Emma, meant to say that you could have borrwed the Land Rover but guess too late now. Just hope our flight isn't delayed with all the snow at home. CUS x

Jim; wishing you happy and safe travels, am assuming it's work rather than pleasure??? Anyway either way, take care and enjoy!

Post a Comment