Wednesday 18 August 2010

Sunshine, Showers & General Stuff

I don’t know about anyone else but I am really fed up with the awful weather we’ve been having.  I know it’s a very English thing to talk about the weather but I can’t refrain from having a moan.  On Monday we woke to rain, it was cold, grim with dark grey clouds.  It was so dark that we had to put all the downstairs lights on and Phil told me he even had to put his headlights on as he drove out of the cul-de-sac.  Sure, it brightened up on Monday afternoon which was good because it gave me the opportunity to cut the grass but come tea time the skies had clouded over again.  It was pretty much the same yesterday, dark clouds, rain followed by sunshine finishing off with torrential rain showers at the end of the day.  It reminded me of the weather in Melbourne.  The Oz say that you can experience all of the seasons in just one day in Melbourne and they are right, I should know, I experienced 5 weeks of this sort of weather.   At the moment I feel like autumn is already upon us, it’s darker in the mornings and the nights are drawing in.  The forecast is promising us 14 days of rain showers but they are predicting a nice September.  Ummm we shall see……

Four weeks of going to the gym nearly every day and at long last I’m beginning to see some results.  I’m only a few pounds away from my target weight but still not happy because I’ve still got some wobbly bits.  It’s my fault; I’ve been concentrating on the cardio and haven’t spent much time doing weights and resistance training.  This is going to change especially since I found some exercises in my Total Body Plan book at the weekend that you can do to stop your boobs from sagging.   Shame I didn’t find out about these 20 years ago, it’s probably too late now but I’m going to start including my exercise regime.  I’ve had a couple of sessions with my weights at home this week because we’re going to a wedding in a couple of week’s time and I want to wear a sleeveless dress. I have got just 19 days to make these bat wings disappear.

Phil had another long day on Monday which wasn’t helped by a traffic accident which meant he didn’t get home much before 8pm.  He was very tired and very grumpy which I’m beginning to get used too these days.  Tuesday was a better day; he left his office at 4pm and was home by 5pm.   It’s amazing just how much this journey affects him.  I was contemplating going down yesterday to Abingdon with him and staying the night but Phil worked out his hours and said it would be better if I came down on Thursday, tomorrow.  I’m hoping I can get the special room rate of 50 quid, same as last time, but I’m going to have a back up plan just in case.

It’s been an easy week for me.  I’ve had to do the usual domestics, some paperwork and an early trip to the gym each day.  Yesterday morning I went round to Emma’s for coffee and a catch up with gossip.   After lunch Steve B popped round to have a look at my laptop.  Apparently my disk space is nearly full which would explain why it’s so slow.  Steve did several technical things and I felt a little bad because he was here for nearly 2 hours.  He’s back round tonight as he’s going to the pub with Phil and needs to do another application which will need to run over night.   If you’re reading this Steve, the beers are definitely on Phil tonight!

I’m afraid I haven’t got anything else to report; things have been fairly quiet in our household.  Same goes for next door, no more drug raids.  I have to apologise for the lack of photographs.  Harriet took my camera to Jersey at the weekend and for some reason Phil took it into work although I’ve no idea why.  My camera is now back in my possession; just a shame that I have nothing to photograph, maybe I’ll find something in Abingdon when I do some more exploring tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment