Tuesday 24 August 2010

Happy Birthday Phil!

It’s Phil’s birthday today; he is 55 years old or should I say 55 yrs young.  He’s very excited to be 55 because it means that he is now eligible to buy and live in a retirement village.  I can’t say this is high on my wish list but I guess each to his own.   We’ve done birthday cards over a nice cup of tea this morning but his presents will have to wait until later when he’s finished work.  Happy birthday darling husband, I hope you enjoy your special day!

Our weekend was quiet and fairly laid back.   I managed to persuade Phil to come to the gym with me on Saturday and he managed a fairly impressive workout seeing as he hadn’t been for so long.  Afterwards we went food shopping and then back home for fried liver and bacon made by Phil.  Our only excitement for Saturday evening was the new series of X-Factor.  Very sad I know. 

We awoke to a lovely day on Sunday morning, amazingly, the skies were clear and it wasn’t raining.   Phil looked on the internet and we decided to walk to the city centre and watch a movie.  There wasn’t much on that I really wanted to see but we agreed on seeing ‘Salt,' staring Angeline Jolie; a contemporary espionage thriller about a CIA agent who is accused of being a Russian spy and becomes a federal fugitive.   It was quite exciting and kept us hanging on to the edge of our seats but I see in the Sunday Times it has had crap reviews.  Still, it got us out of the house and we had a good walk along, nearly 2 hours there and back.   They were many floods on the pathways which we had to wade through making our shoes soggy.

It was good that Phil managed a blog yesterday; it’s always interesting to know what’s going on in his head.  However, it’s rather upset my blogging routine and I feel a little out of sorts today.  As a general rule of thumb, I tend to blog Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and occasionally at the weekend if something exciting has happened.  It seems a little strange posting on a Tuesday.

Whilst our life is fairly dull at present, this can’t be said for some of our friends.   Sue & Alan crossed the channel last Wednesday and are staying somewhere in Europe, making their way to Italy.  I can’t remember when they reach their final destination although I’m sure they told me.  Where ever you are Sue & Alan, I hope you having a fab time and that all is going to plan.  Jill & Tony are flying off tomorrow for a 26 day holiday in their little house in the mountains of northern Cyprus.  Lucky buggers!   And finally we have our Vanessa who jets off on Friday to climb Kilimanjaro in aid of Willen Hospice.  It’s probably the biggest challenge she has faced, so of course, we wish her the very best of luck.  We shall look forward to hearing all about her experience!

This Tuesday post is going to have to be short and sweet today.  In a minute I’m going down to Abingdon with Phil.  We are not staying in our usual hotel; instead I have booked a hotel recommended to me by the area manager in the leisure centre that I got talking too.  It’s on the Oxford ring road so it’s a little distance from Abingdon which I didn’t realize this when I booked.   I can’t tell you the name of the hotel because it’s a surprise for Phil’s birthday.  I managed to get a deal on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate but I am a little worried because the recent Trip Advisor reviews were not brilliant.   Fingers crossed all will be okay; either way, all will be revealed in the blog tomorrow!



  

3 comments:

The Ford Family said...

Happy Birthday Phil

Emma said...

Happy Birthday to Phil, the children and i have just got back from a bike ride and the sun is still out x

Jim Robb said...

Happy Birthday Philip.

Post a Comment