Wednesday 4 August 2010

Nice 'n' Easy

It’s been a good week so far; I’ve been enjoying myself and taking life easy.  I’ve managed to go to the gym every single day since Phil started back at work and am easily shedding the pounds.  The weight loss has been largely due to the stomach bug but I have been eating less and obviously the gym visits are helping.  It’s a shame really that I find working out so bloody boring otherwise I’d be fit as a fiddle! Saying that is a slight contradiction, I did manage a 2 hour cardio workout on Monday and finished off with an introductory training session on the kettle bells.  I have been meaning to do this session for ages but only just got round to it.  It was only 20 minutes with the instructor, but believe me, that was enough, I was truly knackered when we finished. 


Sue & Alan came round for lunch in the afternoon.   I served up the left over curries because Phil had cooked so much so that was nice and easy.  Not long after we sat down to eat; the agent came round with a viewing.  This was okay because we were dining in the conservatory.  Sue had kindly brought a bottle of white for me and a bottle red for her so after lunch we sat in the garden and polished these off.  A very pleasant afternoon with great company!  Naughty but very nice! The time soon went by and the next thing I knew, it was teatime.   After they left I was feeling the effects of the wine and took myself to bed leaving Phil to do all the clearing up.  I did feel guilty about this but this rarely happens so once in a while doesn’t hurt. 

Unfortunately because I went to sleep so early I was up and in the land of the living by 4am, way before the alarm went off.  I made Phil extra nice sandwiches and waved him off at half past six.  An early start meant I was early to the gym.  However, I was aching so much from the kettle bells, I decided just to have a run.  It wasn’t as easy as it normally was because my muscles were hurting but I grit my teeth and managed to do my normal 5k which was quite good considering I struggled to walk from the car to the ladies changing room.  No pain no gain! I had a mountain of paperwork to sort when I got home and then the paperwork had to be filed away. 

Lunch was a little plate of curry and in the afternoon I decided to sort out the Wendy house.  I have been asking for Phil to do this for months but he kept finding excuses.   He’s not going to be happy that I’ve sorted out his tools for him and will, no doubt, complain that he can’t find anything; but I don’t care, things are now put away, they may not be in the right place but at least now it’s tidy and you can move around without thinking you’re on an obstacle course.  My last job of the day was a quick trip to the market for some fruit and some solar lights for the garden which I’d seen on the tool stall.  They were selling 3 for £5 which I thought was cheap. 

Phil came home early as he had to go to see Louise his diabetes nurse; he should have gone last week but I had to reschedule his appointment because we thought it wouldn’t look good starting work and then the next day going in late on what was only his second day.  Louise slotted Phil in for a 5.40pm emergency appointment yesterday which was just in time because he ran out of his pills in the morning.  He got on okay although he hadn’t lost any weight.  Louise gave him a new prescription but he will need to see her again next week as he needs to have his pee tested for levels of microalbuminuria.  This aim of this test is to pick up on the early warning signs of kidney damage so it cannot be missed.

Harriet came back from Tenerife late last night.  I’d already gone to bed so I left her front door key under the mat just in case Phil went to bed before she got in.  It sounds like she and her and mates had a good time; she has holiday today so at least she has a full day and night to recover before returning to work.    She’s fast asleep in bed at the moment but I suppose once she empties her case, yours truly will be spending the rest of the day washing and drying.  My body doesn’t ache so much today so first up, I’m off to the gym now and will start on my jobs when I get home.  Tomorrow I’m going to Oxford and spending the night with Phil to save him a couple of car journeys.   Told you I was taking it easy.  The next blog from me will be sent from a hotel room somewhere in Abingdon.  

3 comments:

The Ford Family said...

I've sent you a txt Claire. Vx

Emma said...

what an exciting day in our little cul-de-sac!!!!!! :)))))))

and dont forget that if Phil cooks too much food all extra's are welcome here next door LOL x

Claire said...

Hi Vanessa, got your text today and I've replied. If the boys are out next week it would be good to come round to you to hear about your hols over wine! Cx

And yes you're right Emma it was an exciting morning in our little cul-de-sac if not a little scary. I shall remember about the left overs, after my lunch party on Monday I chucked loads out. Shame to have wasted it x

Post a Comment