Sunday 4 July 2010

Sun, Sangria & Shopping

It’s been a busy couple of days.   Phil went shopping on Friday morning.  He went all the way to Buckingham for meat to marinade and then did Tesco’s and the market for fresh fruit and vegetables.   Whilst he was shopping I sorted out the airport parking and the travel insurance because our annual year policy has expired.   Harriet came round for a chat at lunchtime as she had the day off work.  She and Shane are going their separate ways and she wants to give up the flat and move back home.   Having just gone on the market, her timing isn’t great but of course we said yes okay.   I did say that her move would have to wait until we got back from holiday.   So as soon as we return I’ll have to get started on moving Harriet and her stuff and get the flat ready to rent out again.  

On Friday afternoon I went and sat in the hair salon for half head highlights and a cut and finish.  It was hot and sticky and I couldn’t wait for it to be over.   Some 2 and a half hours later I was cooked and wasn’t very happy with the end result.  Of course I didn’t say anything but Jane took too much off and I have ended up with not so blonde highlights and a basin cut.   I suppose I can wear a hat on holiday and will just have to wait for it to grow back.

We sat and watched the Murray semi-final and halfway through the agent turned for a viewing.  The couple were nice enough and seemed keen but we haven’t had any feed back.   The agent did another viewing on Saturday morning but we decided to grab our gym bags and go to David Lloyd for a swim and a steam.  When we got home Phil got on with some food preparation and I got cleaning.  Harriet turned up around lunchtime as she wanted to clean her car on our drive.  I wouldn’t let her drag the hose through the garage because I just hovered and cleaned the garage floor.  Still, she seemed happy enough with a sponge and bucket and we left her to it to and walked around the corner to the Lion Hearts Cruising Club annual open day.  We went last year and it was good.  It was really hot so we got ourselves a hot dog from the Barbeque and then headed to the beer tent for a pint.   Afterwards we strolled around looking at all the bric-a-brac stalls.  We found a stall selling books at 25p each so we came away with 2 bag full’s.   This was a good find because now I have 10 books to take away on holiday.

 We only stayed at the open day for an hour and brought Harriet back a hotdog.  In the evening Christine & Paul came round for a barbeque.  They brought the dogs along with them and they’d had a swim in the canal on the walk to our house.  Unfortunately Christine wasn’t feeling too well but me, Phil & Paul had a nice time eating and drinking.   Phil made aperitifs and then we went on to the jug of Sangria that he’d made.   Phil did chicken and pepper kebabs to start and then he cooked steak which we had with salad and baked potatoes.   He’d cooked far too much and there was loads left over.   We finished up with pots of home made pannacota and a good time was had by all.  Just hope we didn’t make too much noise and kept our neighbours awake.

I’d forgotten just how strong Phil’s Sangria is and this morning I could certainly feel the effects.   My head was groggy and it would have been lovely to have lain in bed reading the papers but that, unfortunately was not an option.   We hadn’t done any clearing away from the barbeque the night before and we had a viewing at 11 o’clock. We had to spring into action. I loaded the dishwasher, cleared away the empties and put everything back in its rightful place.  Phil cleaned the barbeque and then got showered and dressed and drove to his mum and dads picking up G along the way.

I decided not to be here for the viewing this morning and went early to the city centre for some last minute bits.  I was in Boots buying plasters when Phil called to say the agent couldn’t get the key out of the door.   I made my purchases and drove back home but by the time I’d got here, the agent and the prospective purchasers plus front door key had gone.    Phil’s just phoned me to say that the people that viewed this morning have made us an offer, ten grand below our asking price.  Phil has turned this down and I’m leaving him to do the negotiating.  It’s all a bit quick for my liking.   We have another viewing this afternoon which I will have to be for in case there is another problem with the key in the front door.   After that I’m going to have to crack on with the packing.  There is so much still to do.   Last blog from me for a while but I expect will start on his holiday blog tomorrow.

5 comments:

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

i didn't like the couple that viewed this morning, i was cooking in the kitchen and they stood outside watching me for about 5 minutes!! very weird

we were up at the crack of dawn because Neil arrived home with a women in a taxi at 4.45am. The taxi waited outside our house for ages, noisy diesel engine making a racket and the women talking at the top of her voice....ignorant people

see you later when you drop Phil's keys off x

Claire said...

I wonder what you said in the first comment Ems that you had to delete??? I have seen you since your comment so I am in the picture. Didn't hear Neil because I was in drunken slumberland! lol! I miss all the exciting stuff. But not your comments about the buyers, you just can't choose them can you? But don't worry my friend, we will only sell to the right person, at the right price, and if our Phil has anything to do with it (him the negotiator) we won't be moving at all!

Emma said...

lol my 1st post was full of spelling mistakes so i just copied/paste it and amended the errors. thanks again for the salad, i will enjoy that tomorrow. Look forward to you next post hopefully written from your hotel in Turkey!! x

The Ford Family said...

Have a lovely holiday Claire. We'll have to get together for some vino when you get back. Vxxx

Post a Comment