Monday 28 June 2010

Its too hot!

I’ve not been very good at updating the blog lately and this is for a variety of reasons.  Number One is that my laptop is on the cusp of dying.   It’s so slow that it literally takes minutes to open up an application.  I should really do a de frag and a backup before it really does die on me.  Number Two reason is that my drives are bust and I can no longer insert my memory stick and down load my photographs.  Number 3 is really an extension of number two in that life is not very exciting and I don’t have anything to photograph.  Number 4 is down to the weather, it’s been so gloriously hot and sunny that the last thing I have felt like doing is sitting indoors in front of my laptop.  And lastly but not least, reason Number 5.   Television viewing this week has been great; football, tennis and the Valencia Grand Prix yesterday.  

It really is a struggle to get something posted but I shall soldier on.  The bottom end of last week I was tied up with Christine and her little house in Downs Barn. Christine is down sizing and moving into her buy to rent house on Wednesday.  Phil came with me to do fill in some holes in the lounge wall and I got some paint from B&Q and painted the wall once the filler had dried.   The wall looked so much better that I ended up painting the whole lounge.  I popped back home for lunch and then went back in the afterwards to start on the bathroom.   Christine came after work and we sat in her little garden with a glass of wine.   After my hard graft, it was lovely to sit and relax in the sun.   I got home just before 5 and Phil was grumbling because I said I’d get home around 3 and we’d go to the health club for a swim.   I was back so late that this didn’t go as planned so instead we both jumped in the shower and put on her pyjamas.  

Sometime after half past six there was a knock on the door and it was my friend Jane.  She’d been shopping in the centre and dropped by for a glass of wine and a catch up.   It was nice to see her but I was a little embarrassed because I was wearing my pjy’s and I hadn’t even blow dried my hair.    I don’t think Jane was bothered, she stayed for a couple of hours and chatted. Phil stayed up to watch Big Brother but I went to bed because I was knackered.

On Saturday I went back to Christine’s house and painted the landing and her bedroom doors.  It’s amazing how a little lick of paint can make such a big difference.  I went home for lunch and a shower.  Harriet came round to pick up a letter that I’d typed up for her.   She didn’t stay long as we were in the middle of lunch and she wanted to get her letter in the post before midday.

Sunday (yesterday) was a day of leisure.  I rose early and went to do some more painting at the DB house and then went to the gym for a run.   It was a glorious day so I got the Sunday papers and took myself off to the garden to sunbathe and read.  Phil settled himself in front of the telly to watch the Grand Prix, I dipped in and out but mostly I sat in the garden trying to get a tan. After the race Phil came out and cooked beef burgers and hotdogs on the barbeque.   I was turning red so I came in to watch the first half of the England versus Germany.  It was a very tense match but I got a bit disheartened when the referee didn’t allow England’s second goal and in the second half when the score was 4-1 to Germany I gave up and went back to the garden and the papers.

This morning when I woke up I was sore from the sun.   Obviously I’d over done it yesterday.   I meant to post this blog first thing this morning but as it seemed we were in for another glorious day, Phil grabbed his tool box and we back round to Christine’s house.   I painted one of the bedrooms and Phil did lots of little fixing jobs.   It’s all taking shape now and everything thing be done by the time she moves.  Phil has just gone out to Pick up G and give her some driving practice and I was going to go to the job.  But it’s way too hot for working out.  I think instead, I shall get showered and changed and pure myself a glass of gin and tonic with lots of ice.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment