Tuesday 6 April 2010

Lazy Days

Don’t know about anyone else but we had a rather miserable dull Easter weekend.  We didn’t venture out on Good Friday, what with the dull skies and constant rain; we spent the entire day in the conservatory in front of the fan heater and the telly.  I did manage to get my car welded so now it is ready to go back in for another MOT test.  In the end it only ended up costing £150 which was a big saving on the £500 that I was originally quoted.   It’s just a shame that the money we saved on the KA has to be spent on replacing the plasma in the lounge.   In my negative spiral, I am still wondering what will go wrong next.

It has been a weekend full of sport. On Saturday Phil watched the Malaysian Grand Prix qualifying whilst I went to the gym.  I only wanted to have a swim but the pool was packed with little people so I had a shower and came home. I am still not very happy with the new health club.  But I’ve checked and double checked and we are tied into a 6 month contract.  I should have read the small print.  Oh well, only another 5 months to go. 

On Saturday we went to check out Costco & Tesco’s in Kingston to look at prices of plasma televisions.  It was almost impossible to park as there were so many people shopping.  I forget how it goes when we have one day when the shops are shut and everyone goes crazy.  We didn’t see any TV’s within the spec and budget.  I wanted to go to a few other electrical shops but Phil, impatient as ever, had had enough and wanted to go home.  Harriet popped round in the afternoon to say hello and picked up her Easter egg and after she went, we watched the Oxford versus Cambridge boat race.  We were rooting for the underdogs and sure enough Cambridge came through to win. 

With all the bad bank holiday weather we cheered ourselves up with some good old English comfort food. Phil spotted a half price leg of lamb in Tesco’s and it was so big we had enough for 2 roast dinners.   So much for the diet but boy was it lovely.  Phil also made a huge pot of butternut squash soup; it was nice but the 3 chillies that he popped in were super strength and it burnt your mouth with every spoon.  With the left over lamb, Phil made a Lancashire Hot Pot which we had for lunch on Sunday.   I bought Phil a Cadbury’s cream Easter egg but I was very good and didn’t have any chocolate over the holiday. 

I woke up in the early hours of Sunday morning and tossed and turned waking up Phil.   Eventually we gave up on sleep and got up just after 7am.  Phil settled down to watch the Grand Prix live and I went to the health club for a swim.  By pure luck, the club was fairly empty and I had the luxury of having the pool to myself.  Pure heaven, unfortunately the steam room didn’t have any steam but I did have a Jacuzzi to finish off.  Should have had a workout really but I wanted to get back to see the last half of the race.  Sunday afternoon was papers and more telly in the conservatory. 

Our Bank Holiday Monday was no more exciting.   I didn’t even get to the health club although I very much wished I had of done because I got on the scales this morning and I have actually put back on the pound that I lost.  In the morning Phil watched his science programme whilst I went to Tesco’s for supplies.  As soon as the shops were open we went to Curry’s & Comet to check out the prices on plasma televisions.  We had also had a quick in John Lewis.  The cheapest 50 inch set seems to be in Curry’s but we are tempted to buy from John Lewis because although they are more expensive they throw in a free 5 year guarantee.  We’ve swapped the sofa bed sofa with the 2 seater leather recliner from the lounge so now we’re a lot more comfortable in the conservatory, which is just as well, because I think we may be camped in her for a while longer.

We decided to go out to get out of the house and drove over to Sherrington.  Phil had spotted a pub in the village and we decided to check it out.  It was called The Swan and looked like it had just been refurbished.   It was cold and empty, all bar the barman and us.  The menu was basic and didn’t appeal so we just had the one drink and drove over to the Fox & Hounds in Deanshanger.  The chef wasn’t working but the manager cooked me steak and chips and Phil had the sausage and mash.  This was very nice of him because they were really only serving baguettes.   We got home and had another duvet afternoon in front of the telly.

So as you can see, we have had a very chilled, but fairly dull weekend.  I did warn that this blog may be dull as dishwater from time to time, and this is one of those days.  We have been back from our big trip nearly a month now and are still not into a set routine.   I keep doing the lists every day but things are not getting ticked off which is simply not good enough.  As from today I’m going to get tough on myself (and Phil). It’s time to step up the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment