Monday 19 April 2010

3D’s to start the week

Hi, another eventless week this week but time seems to fly by relentlessly. Claire and I were a little disappointed with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchants film Cemetery Junction as Claire explained but just a couple of words in its defence. It basically isn’t a comedy and I guess that most people were expecting one. Also it was quite clever showing someone disagreeing with an argument one day and the next arguing with other people in the opposite direction. This does happen, I have noticed myself doing it; and they even use the same words to argue the point as they had heard the first time. This happened more than once so was deliberate. I think that this film was far more settle than their others; I just hope that their subtlety doesn’t go too far like it did with Andy Kaufman.

Friday we met John, Claire’s step dad in Cambridge and I drove the opposite way to Oxford on Saturday for my first Open University tutorial. I don’t seem to be very good at this course even though I am enjoying it. I only managed to achieve 55% in my first CMA but I was expecting close to 100% feeling confident about all the questions. I must think that I am much cleverer than I really am I guess or maybe they were trick questions and I will be ready for them in the next one. I did manage to watch the F1 qualifying live before setting off on Saturday and also the race live on Sunday. Quite an eventful weekend and I did fell sorry for the Red Bull guys. However, well done Jenson who is now top of the chart but Lewis did even better really with 2 more tyre stops than Jenson and finishing just behind him. I think if there had been a couple more laps he would have overtaken him. What about poor old Michael Schumacher, what’s going on with him? The rainmeister seems to be no more, maybe he shouldn’t have come back.

I also managed to watch the first MotoGP race last week and I see that the next race at Spain has just been cancelled because nobody can fly there in time. One little volcano and the whole of Europe comes to a standstill. What’s going on there? There have been loads of volcanoes erupting in my life but I don’t remember a single one effecting air traffic. Maybe they have only recently found out that it’s so dangerous in which case it might go someway to explaining the Bermuda Triangle. I looked up to the sky yesterday to see no evidence of dust clouds only perfectly clear blue skies. It was so lovely that we went on another bike ride to Linford and back and then around Tongwell lake. I was surprised when Claire rode straight past the Nags Head at Linford but she didn’t manage to get past the Giffard on the way home. We sat outside in the sun and one of those nightmare families was kicking a ball around outside the beer garden. It wasn’t long before the ball came over and knocked my glass of beer all over me and Claire. A little kid came in to get her ball back and said, “My dad did that” which seemed to amuse the others in the beer garden. At least he bought me another one and the sun soon dried up the wet patches. It’s finally spring as the 3D’s are out; the daisies, dandelions and daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment