Friday 16 April 2010

Friday........

It’s been a long week and once again, I don’t think we’ve achieved what we should have done. Monday was pretty much end of year accounts all day long.  We’ve made an appointment with the accountant for next Friday so there is a deadline to meet.   Tuesday was pretty much taken up with the new plasma TV.  I went to the gym whilst Phil waited in for the delivery and it turned up just before lunch.   The box was massive and it was a job just getting it out of the packaging. The old bolts for the bracket didn’t fit so first up, was the task of hunting in the garage and the summer house for the other bolts. Luckily we found them without too much trouble.  Getting the plasma on to the bracket onto the wall was another matter and took great effort on my part.  We got it up on the wall eventually but my back has been hurting me ever since.

I can’t quite remember what jobs we did on Wednesday but I am certain we weren’t idle.   I went to the gym as I have done every single day this week but I am not making any headway in the weight loss department.  In fact it’s a complete nightmare and I have put on 2 pounds since I started the diet and the exercise regime.  Okay a couple of times I have cheated but not really that often. I’m not sure what to try next.  Or maybe I should simply give in to middle aged spread?

Phil went into Rexam in the afternoon to try and see his old boss to ask him for some work.  Unfortunately he was in Sweden and not back until the 25th April but Phil spoke to one of his colleagues and he said that they were still very quiet, so I don’t think Phil has much chance of going back there to work.  I applied for a job a couple of weeks back and was successful in the telephone interviews.  I was meant to attend a face to face interview but after checking out the location I decided that it was too far to travel.  The job paper should come through the letterbox today so fingers crossed they’re will be some jobs that I can apply for. 

Yesterday afternoon we went to the cinema to see the new Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant’s film ‘Cemetery Junction’.   Usually we love everything this duo write but I have to say this film was a big disappointment.   It seemed to go on forever and well, it just wasn’t that funny.   Cemetery Junction is a cosy take on small town angst in the 1970’s and had the potential to be good but it failed miserably. 

On a more serious note, Phil’s mum phoned this morning to say that Phil’s dad has not been very well.  They were meant to go on holiday to Great Yarmouth tomorrow but have had to cancel, which is a great shame because they were really looking forward to it.  Living so far away, there isn’t much we can do and it’s at times like this, that we feel pretty useless.  It’s all a worry and they both are not getting any younger. 

It’s all gone a bit pear shaped this morning, it’s gone past nine thirty and I am still in my dressing gown.  This is not a great start to the day and by now I’d usually be sweating it out at the gym.  Actually it’s a good job that I didn’t go to the gym.  Just had a telephone call from step-dad number 3 asking what time we were meeting up in Cambridge today??  WHAT! I said I thought we were meeting up tomorrow but he was adamant that I’d said it was today!   I must be getting early senile dementia because I was sure I said Saturday.  Never mind.  There is no time to waste, I must get my butt in the shower (and Phil’s) and set off for Cambridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment