Wednesday 29 September 2010

Noodles, Picture Postcards, Test Results & ZUMBA!

The end of the month makes Harriet very happy because its payday and this month was no exception.  On Friday night Harriet went out with a group of mates to Weatherspoons; on Saturday she took herself off to Newport for half a head of highlights and on Saturday night she went clubbing up the city.   Sunday was a gentle day spent recovering and last night she went to see ‘Hairspray’ at the theatre.  She said it was a brilliant show, the theatre was packed out and people were dancing in the aisles. I am glad that she is out enjoying herself and having a good time.  At 21 this is exactly what she should be doing, there’s plenty of time for stresses and responsibilities.

Despite banging on about change and positivity, Monday didn’t turn out to be a particularly productive or positive day for me.   A hangover and a late start didn’t help but neither did Google.  They had made some changes over the weekend to their blogger programme and I couldn’t workout out how to upload photos onto my blog. I think this was because Shockwave Flash crashed on my system, I dunno, each day some or other application stops working.  In the end I went to use Phil’s laptop in the conservatory and got the photo’s uploaded no problem at all.  Phil doesn’t like me using his computer and I don’t like sitting in the conservatory, its freezing, I’m much happier in the kitchen.

Blog up and running it was getting on for midday so I decided to leave the gym until the afternoon and go and do some shopping so I wouldn’t be at home for the viewings.  I’ve recently discovered that Waitrose stock a good range of Japanese noodles so I stocked up on these.  I then tripped across to the centre to go to Holland & Barrett to buy some more green tea.   Afterwards I climbed back in the car and went to the sorting office at Kiln Farm to collect a parcel.  I’ve got a couple of things on order so I wasn’t certain just exactly what I was collecting but it turned out to be my arty competition postcards.  There are hundreds of them so I think I may have over ordered but no worries they are colourful and pretty and will keep me going in competitions for at least a couple of years.

Sue sent a text to say that Alan was being admitted to MK Hospital yesterday. I’m not sure whether the speediness of admission, the following day after seeing the consultant is a good thing but I figure that it is, the sooner they get this tumour out and analysed then the sooner Alan can get the proper treatment and they will (hopefully) both know what they are dealing with.  I called Sue on the mobile last night and good news is that they dishcharged Alan after tests so at least he got home and could sleep in his own bed.  If you happen to dip in here S&A, which I think is quite unlikely, then we send you lots of love, positive thoughts and strength for whatever lies ahead. 
When I got back home after collecting my parcel I drove up to our driveway only to find that the estate agent and the second viewer were still there so I turned around and parked up across the roundabout.  It was a long viewing and I reckon they must have been looking around for at least half an hour.  I took that as a good sign and the agent phone me late yesterday afternoon to say there were very positive and are thinking about a second viewing at the weekend.  My business head tells me this is good and we already have someone that has offered us the full asking price but still has a house which she is struggling to tell; my heart will heavy though and if a sale does progress then I will be very sad to leave.   When I was finally able to return home I had some leftover Sunday dinner veggies and then cooked up a batch of chicken noodles in a chilli sauce.  I’ve deviated quite a lot from the recipe from the Wagamama cookbook and I’ve finally adapted it to a less complicated version that both Phil and I like.  Not surprisingly I didn’t get to the gym, my body and mood just weren’t up for it.  Phil was weary when he got home on Monday evening at almost half seven so he was very glad to sit down to a bowl of spicy noodles.  It was a quiet night and we both went to bed very early.

It was another struggle getting up yesterday but I got up with Phil and stayed up.  I hung around because I wanted to make sure Harriet got up in time for work and then went to the gym.  It looked grey and cold outside so I dug my green puffa jacket from the wardrobe.   I bought this coat in Las Vegas and it kept me warm when we visited the Grand Canyon.  Wearing it brought back nostalgic memories and I can’t believe it’s nearly a year since we were starting off on our Australian adventure.  Happy days…………

Phil offered to buy me a new i-Phone but I declined, deciding that this would be too frivolous and I would probably never utilise all the applications.   So I said “thanks but no thanks”.  I did however splash out on an annual movie ticket at Cineworld.  Yes, this was a bit indulgent but I only need to go to the cinema twice a month and I will save money.  At the moment we go about once a week and as it looks unlikely that we will be going away for the winter (unless we sell the house and/or win the lottery) so I can see I will be making good use of my season ticket.

Phil is not working today, he’s had to take the day off so he can go and see Louise, his diabetes nurse for the results of his tests last week.  I hope they come out okay, I am not overly impressed with the diabetes clinic so far, it certainly doesn’t seem very effective and the various nurses, GP’s and clinics do not communicate very well.   Not good for the patient but then I do wonder if Phil sits there like a meek lamb and doesn’t push or ask the right questions.  Let’s see how he gets on today.   I am not sure what other plans he has for the day; me, I am off for a run at the gym and then I am going to try my first Zumba class at 10.30am.  I am a Zumba virgin and admit I am a little nervous.  Still, you’ve got to give these things a go and besides, I’m beginning to get bored of my gym routine.  Next week I’m going to try a Body Pump class; Vanessa was telling me that she does this class 3 times a week and as a result, she has got biceps to die for!   Must finish and post now.  Time is of the essence and this girl needs to go and do some Zumba! 

2 comments:

The Ford Family said...

Thank you Claire for the biceps comment :-) Don't kill yourself going 3 times a week though, I go twice plus spin class plus gym and that seems to do the trick. Let me know how you get on. Vxx

Claire said...

Thanks V, but you are, as always, my inspiration:-)xx

ps Will let you know how this virgin gets on!

Post a Comment