Monday 20 September 2010

A peaceful weekend

Its quarter to seven on a Monday morning and I am washed, dressed and ready to start the week. I’m on my third cup of tea, I’ve made sandwiches, made the bed, waved goodbye to Phil and put out the rubbish and so here we are at a start of another week. We had a fairly peaceful weekend with lots of R&R so please don’t expect anything much from this naked blogger today because I warn you, she is going to be very boring, even more so than usual.



Phil was on a mission on Friday, I think he intended to make the most of his day off. He started early with 2 appointments at the medical centre for diabetes tests. After this he took himself off to Wolverton for a much needed haircut then he came back home to pick me up and off we went to the gym. Phil managed a fairly good work out; it’s surprising once you actually get him to the gym he actually works quite hard but it’s getting him to the gym in the first place that can be the problem.


Even though we had left over chicken tikka masala in the fridge we decided to treat ourselves and went for lunch at the Thai Papaya in Oxley Park. This restaurant is really good value for money especially for the lunchtime special which is only £6.95 for two courses plus crackers and a chilli dip to start. The only niggle with the Papaya is we’ve tried to have lunch on 3 occasions and we’ve turned up only to find that the restaurant closed. If you like Thai food then you have to try this restaurant but one word of advice, is phone first just to check they are open. http://papayamk.co.uk/

Whilst wasting time in Abingdon last week waiting until I could Phil up from work, I spotted a book in the little book store that I thought that Phil might like - ‘The Grand Design’ by Stephen Hawking & Leonard Mlodinow. It’s a book that promises to give new answers to the ultimate questions of life and just the sort of book that Phil enjoys to read. He loved it and it was difficult to prize him away from it on Saturday. Somehow we missed our time slot for the gym on Saturday but after lunch we decided to walk to the centre to watch a movie. The walk took nearly an hour so just about filled our exercise quota for the day. There was a nip in the air on the way there but at least the rain stayed away. It was my turn to pick the film and I choose a film called F. It wasn’t my normal choice of film but sometimes I like to see something different. The film was crap and I wished I’d tried harder to search for reviews on the internet beforehand. I did try but nothing readily came up on the search engines. The movie was badly filmed, the sound quality was poor and the plot was just plain silly. I wouldn’t recommend a cinema viewing or even a DVD rental for that matter. The walk back home only took us 40 minutes I suppose because it was downhill and we were lucky to get back home before the rain started. Saturday night was a movie and XFactor and that was about as exciting as it got.


On Sunday we actually had a lie in with a mug of tea and a backlog of papers that we just haven’t had time to read. We haven’t done this in a long time. Phil spent the day with G and I spent the morning in the gym. I cooked pork loin for lunch for Phil and me and Harriet did herself some chicken. Sunday evening was TV and ironing and preparations for the week. And that was our weekend; well I did warn you in advance that it was boring. I’m not sure that this blog is worthy of a posting, but well, I guess I’ve managed a page so I may as well as cut and paste and publish and get on with the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment