Sunday 2 May 2010

Generic Garble

We drove over to the CF on Thursday to meet the estate agent.   Unfortunately mad Betty was at home so whilst Phil talked to John the agent, it was down to me to keep Betty talking in her back yard, stopping her getting access to the estate agent.  Thankfully I managed to achieve this and when she went back in her own flat, I joined Phil and John.   The valuation he gave wasn’t as high as we had hoped but we’ve decided to put it up for a sale and give it 6 weeks to see what feedback we get.  John thought we’d done a good job on the refurbishment so that’s a good start.   As soon as he’d gone, out popped Betty and of course, I then had the job of telling her that we were going up for sale.  It makes me cross that I had to explain my business to her but it’s important to keep her sweet, because she really is not right in the head.  She wasn’t happy that we were selling; I think she’s been harbouring a secret hope that Phil and I would actually move in next door.  And, actually there has been talk of this in the past, but god forbid; can you imagine what that would be like?  

After making our escape from Cranfield, we decided to go to the cinema to see the film ‘Kick-arse’.  This film was highly recommended by Jim & Tom and Phil has been hankering to see this for weeks.   After reading the reviews, I wasn’t keen but in the end I relented and afterwards was glad that I did.   There was quite a lot of violence which made me look away at times but Kick-arse is a highly original film and I haven’t seen anything quite like it.  It had me (and Phil) gripped from start to finish and if you don’t mind the violence, it’s definitely a film to go and see. 

Phil has done quite a good job with the shopping and cooking this week but he does need to get a little more organised.  On Thursday we were going to have a chicken stir fry but when he when to cook it, we realised he hadn’t defrosted the chicken. Never mind Phil said we’ll have a veggie stir fry and some lamb chops but then he realised that he’d frozen the chops so we ended up with the stir fry.   Which was okay but I was still hungry after I’d finished my plate full.  Having gone hungry I was very surprised when I jumped on the scales the following day to find that I hadn’t lost any weight which is disappointing because I was doing so well. So much for all my diet tricks. Never mind, I shall just have to try much harder.

Our tenant moved out of the Two Mile Ash flat on Friday so we went over to meet the agent to do the check out.  Actually the tenant wasn’t present which I was pleased about because it gave me a chance to have a good look round.  It wasn’t in bad nick, some scuff marks on the walls and some evidence of dampness on the ceilings.  I am not too concerned about this because it’s not a big problem, just signs that the tenant didn’t ventilate properly.   The agent said they would be sending in professional cleaners next week but I couldn’t wait that long so on Saturday morning I took my mop and bucket and went to do the clean. Phil’s wasn’t happy with me but I do have an obsession about doing it myself and only then, can I relax.  It only took two hours out of my life. The mould came off the ceilings with neat bleach but I will have to go back at some point and touch up the paint. 

On Saturday afternoon Phil took the KA and went to pick up G to give her some more driving practice.  I took myself off to the gym but I was knackered after my cleaning so only ended up having a swim.  Still, 30 lengths of the pool is better than nothing.  I have taking to walking around the block early evenings but have been unable, so far, persuading Phil to join me.  Maybe next week, what do you reckon Phil?

Our bank holiday weekend so far, has been fairly uneventful.  The weather quite typically for the holiday weekend has been crap.  Saturday wasn’t too bad but it’s got so cold we’ve had to put our central heating back on.   We had invited Shane & Harriet for a barbeque today but although it’s not raining (yet) we decided against it.   Phil did think about cooking a roast dinner, but he couldn’t be arsed, so in the end we took them to The Giffard for some good ole pub grub.  However, things didn’t go to plan, Harriet (and hangover) picked us up in the cul-de-sac and when arrived in the pub car-park, Shane (who is on tablets) suddenly felt sick and asked to be driven home.  I said to Harriet “no worries” go home and stay there so me and my DH ate alone.  A football match was on and the pub was packed.  I was so hungry. I ordered the unhealthiest meal on the menu.  Bang goes the diet once again.  We walked home; I got back watched movies, drank wine and got the munchies (as did Phil).   There really is no hope and I must start all over again tomorrow. The climb to being a slim girlie is a tough and a steep one.

No comments:

Post a Comment