Wednesday 12 May 2010

Fed Up..............



I’m fed up, not just normal fed up but really fed up.   Phil says that if you haven’t got anything worthwhile to say then you shouldn’t say it.  But, after not blogging for nearly a week, I thought I’d better give it a go.  Life has been as a flat as a pancake so this blog may be short and maybe a bit on the sour side.   Since I have been on my diet, I have actually managed to put on 4 pounds!  I’m dumb founded as to why because I have spent at least 2 hours in the gym every day without fail.  Not only that, but I’ve been swimming most days and have been doing my weights in the lounge in the evening as well as doing a half walk, half run circuit around the canal in the evenings.  I also went out and brought a special exercise cum-diet book and have added these exercises to my regime.  None of which has helped.   I do feel a bit less flabby and more toned than before I started but that is not good enough given all my efforts.  Take Monday for example; I spent over 2 hours at the gym, then me and Phil walked to the city centre, approx 50 minutes there and 45 minutes back.  And I still gained weight.  Life sucks; from now on it’s going to be a diet of G&T’s and fish salads.  Let’s see if that works.

The weekend was okay but really cold, crap weather on Saturday. On Sunday it was a little brighter and I met up with Christine at the Barge for lunch.  We both opted for the fishcakes with salad and okay a few chips but I was good and didn’t finish the bowl.  On Monday afternoon, me and Phil went to the cinema to watch the Hot Tub Time Machine. It was alright but I wouldn’t recommend a viewing or even a DVD rental.  Basically the story is about a bunch of middle aged blokes revisiting their youth back in the 80’s.   It whiled away a couple of hours but I felt guilty because I should have stayed home and done the housework.  Still, I was glad of the long walk along the canal which is always pretty and relaxing if not a little chilly on the way home.  I really wanted to go and see ‘The Disappearance of Alice Creed’ but it wasn’t on until way past my bedtime. Never mind, hopefully I’ll get to see this next week; otherwise I shall wait for the DVD to come out. 

Yesterday morning Phil went food shopping.  I’m not sure his doing the shopping is working out for me; we seem to have a full fridge but nothing that I fancy to eat.  I think he or we need to get into more of a routine.  More lists I think are the answer. Actually I shouldn’t complain too much because he did get everything on my wish list yesterday and he is the better cook.   He also made me a lovely fresh tuna steak yesterday with a chilli and lemon sauce which was yummy.

I did something really stupid last week which really messed up the back of my car.  I brought a new tin of Dulux white emulsion from B&Q and went over to touch up the ceilings in the TMA flat.  When I finished I put the tin behind my driving seat but unfortunately I hadn’t put the lid on properly. When I got home, I went to unload only to find that the tin had tipped over and the entire contents of the tin had spilled out all over the passenger floor.   This is not the first time this has happened, so I was really cross myself especially as it was virtually the whole tin.  You wouldn’t believe what a mess it was clearing it up.  I had to use an old quilt cover, 2 rolls of newspaper and tons of newspaper.   Phil stayed well away but even Emma from next door came out to see if she could help.  In the clearing up process, somehow I got paint on the back seat, all over me and all over the block paving.  Nightmare!

Things are ticking away quietly on the flat front.  The CF flat is now on the market and we are pleased with the marketing details.  Haven’ received any offers yet but in this current market, one has to be patient.   The agent did a viewing at the TMA flat yesterday and we have agreed to a short 4 month let at £250 over the normal rent for the inconvenience.  It’s not all extra profit though as we have agreed to pay the council tax and the water rates.  The new tenant has asked for crockery, cutlery, glasses etc but this is not a big deal because I will pop over sometime today to the CF flat and simply take these out and put them in the TMA flat.  The stuff is all fairly new so it will be just a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Can’t I say I relish another encounter with mad Betty and of course she’ll want to know all the details but it has to be done.

Derek called over the weekend and we went to view his 2 bed house on Great Holm with a view to buying.   Derek wants to retire and go travelling and wants to sell up which is fair enough because he will be 60 this year.   The house, a 2 bed terrace is on the small side and parking is an issue but Phil is keen to buy Derek’s 10% share.  There is a tenant already in situ who wants to stay long term, so if we go ahead, it will just be a case of paying the money, signing the contracts and then just collecting the rent every month. This will be our experience of buying a shared ownership so it will be interesting.  The other ‘big’ project is still very much in its infant stage at the moment which is fine by me.  One thing at a time.

Photo's to follow later when my battery is charged

No comments:

Post a Comment