Wednesday 27 October 2010

Mission accomplished

Although I made a late start to the day on Monday, I had a very productive day.  When I first stated painting over the red in our bedroom I thought to myself “oh my god, why did I ever start this” but 4 coats and 8 hours later, the room was finished.   The last job of the day was to put everything back in its place and re hang the mirrors and pictures.  I do like to use colour and I’m not afraid to use it but the white walls make a vast difference to the room and makes it looks much bigger.  Phil came with me to Dwell and we picked up my high gloss white bedroom unit which looks just great.  Even Phil agreed that it was a good buy.   Whilst we were in Dwell we spotted some arm chair units for the lounge which will be just perfect for either side of our reclining sofa.  They are not cheap so we didn’t purchase, but I will be keeping my eye on these just in case they appear in the bargain bucket corner.  If not, it will be my Christmas present to myself. 

I was knackered after my decorating, I didn’t get time to go the gym so I climbed in the shower at teatime and put on my pyjamas.  When I awoke on Tuesday I was aching from head to foot. I was a little worried that I may have made my back worse by shifting the bed and the units but it wasn’t any worse, certainly not any better but definitely not any worse.  It wasn’t easy getting the white gloss unit up the stairs but we managed it with no major traumas.  Phil came with me to the gym yesterday but we only had time for a quick session because I wanted to get to IKEA to search for some white bedside units.  We scoured the showroom and eventually found 2 units that would fit snugly by the side of our bed.  Actually, they’re computer printer units but they will do the job just as well. 

No trip to IKEA is complete without a coffee and a hot dog.  There was a load of old rubbish in bargain bucket corner but you always have to check, just in case.  Along with the printer units, we managed to find silver feet for the Dwell white gloss unit.  We also bought a kitchen trolley stand which matches perfectly with our Varde kitchen units, only £29.99, and a real find.  I waxed it all over and it now looks as if it’s been part of our kitchen forever. Unfortunately I had to relocate the wine rack and it doesn’t look good in its new spot so this needs rethinking.  I was a very happy girlie as we loaded our boxes into the car but Phil wasn’t as happy as he had the job of building the units up as soon as he got home.  John Lewis delivered the new Christmas tree on Monday but I haven’t opened the box yet because I know if I do I won’t be able to resist putting it up as this would be make me a very sad person especially as we are still only in October.

Sue emailed me on Monday to update me on Alan’s progress which I am relieved to say was positive.  They have the district nurses visiting them twice a day to administer the Sutent and the doctors have managed to control Alan’s pain with synthetic morphine together with anti sickness drugs which is great news.  Alan is well into his first week of having the kidney drug without any major side effects, well none that Sue reported anyway and at least they are at home and come have some normal life.   Unfortunately Alan is still attached to the catheter but fingers crossed he can get this taken out this week.  Hopefully then we can link up with the pair of them.  Until such time, we send love ‘n’ hugs.

Our passports were delivered yesterday complete with Indian visas which don’t expire until the 21 April 2011.  They only took a week which is great and I’m glad now we didn’t pay the extra for the fast trek option.  At long last, the Indian Embassy has finally got their act together. After lunch, which was baked spuds and left over chilli from Sunday, we drove to Old Wolverton to take in the KA for a winter service with a specific request to fix the slow puncture in the rear passenger side.  Unfortunately when we went to go to the garage, the tyre was almost completely flat so poor Phil had to take it to the Shell garage to put pump it up in the pouring rain.   The rain was relentless all day and I had a nervous moment when I skidded on the roundabout; I thought the tyre had gone down on the drive to the service centre so I drove at 20 mph probably frustrating all the cars behind me.  I’m probably a bit of a woss I know but one can’t be too careful.

It was a thoroughly miserable day yesterday and our holiday to Goa can’t come any sooner.  Phil has been checking the weather every day and although the temperature is high, there’s still a lot of rain around which suggests that the monsoon season isn’t quite finished.   It should be gone by the time by the time we fly out, but either way, it’s still going to be a lot warmer than it is here at home.  I can’t wait………….




No comments:

Post a Comment