Thursday 2 December 2010

Last day in Goa

Well tomorrow Julius will be picking us up at Star Beach at 4am ready for our horrendous journey home. The journey out never seems so bad somehow; I guess it’s because you have your holiday to look forward to. We have been tacking it easy for our last couple of days starting with a beach day at Anthony’s yesterday under the umbrella and we finally got to Betty’s beach shack today but I sat in the sun for most of the day which is unusual for me but I reckoned that it would be a while before I see it again. We started out with our favourite Dinah’s breakfast, took the larger t-shirts over to Cavelossim and said our final goodbye’s and left. While we were on the beach on Wednesday Claire was given a flyer promoting the Junction in Colva so we popped in for a drink. It is owned by a Goan lad and his English wife and they have just spent 3 years in the Caribbean working there. Their place is just before where Lucky Star used to be before they shut down. Claire noticed that they had fish, chips and mushy peas and so couldn’t resist trying them. I wasn’t really hungry but couldn’t sit there and let Claire eat on her own; what sort of gentleman is that? Once I started them I couldn’t stop; by far the best in Goa to date. They also do other English stuff like pork chops and mash and Sunday lunch. It’s a bit out the way but worth finding its almost opposite Longhinos hotel near the beach. If people get to try it word will get around; let’s hope they don’t have to wait too long.

Outside Betty’s the little gypsy rope walker did their little trick but I think people are seeing too much of this now and they hardly take any money these days. When they come to the same places every day you have seen it all before. This one had an extra little trick though; she fell off at the end and her Mum gave her a good seeing too with her balance beam. Betty’s is on Mobor beach and they even have a double decked beach shack there called Pearl and Sam’s next to it is a little unusual as well. The food at Betty’s was really good, I had a cream of sweetcorn soup and a chicken tikka roll which is Chicken Tikka inside a rolled up nann bread while Claire had a prawn Caesar salad washed down with a kingfisher. I have been a very good boy and always stuck to the water at lunchtime except when the drinks are free on the boat trips of course. Also when its so hot I don’t feel like beer anyway but once the sun has gone down I’m ready.

Well I suppose I’d better get going now that the sun is going down; we have had a great holiday here in Goa and we hope you all enjoyed following us on our travels. Hopefully, when we come back next time we might travel a little more using Goa as a base so it will be a little more interesting; if that’s possible. Bye for now, see you when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment